Writing search engine friendly (SEO) content will help search engines like Google and Bing increase traffic to your website. Here are 5 tips to help your website rank well with the search engines (follow the link to read the full tips).
- Research keywords to find the right ones to help you. Google’s Keyword Planner is a great help but you will need a Google AdWords account to use the tool.
- Google will penalize you for keyword stuffing. If you use “latent semantic indexing” keywords then you will have lots of similar keywords instead of repeating the same keywords over and over again.
- Longer content works better than short content, i.e. 1,500 words instead of 500.
- Write powerful headlines that will get your audience to click through to your blog posts.
- After writing your post, use on-page SEO so each post is optimized to bring more traffic to your site: keywords in your title, meta description, image alt tags.
Remember, writing SEO friendly content is the most powerful way to increase your traffic to your site.